Hummingbird

Just finished printing the first of my linocut hummingbird series and I'm so pleased with how they're looking!

 I start off by drawing out and cutting an image for the first colour. I leave out some detail, particularly on the leaves and the breast as this will act as a fill for the outline later on.
 I print a run of my first colour.

Once my first colour is printed I begin to work into my lino again, adding all the detail to make my final outline.
I ink and carefully line up the lino with the first colour print to add the second colour and outline on top.

The final print is so satisfying and really special as, now that I've cut into it a second time, there is no way for me to replicate it again. I have chosen to create a limited edition of 20 prints. I still have other colours to print though so I best get back to work!





No comments:

Post a Comment